Sunday, February 3, 2013

when?

when did you get so big, kingston thomas? you are now almost 4 years old, and though it's been coming, it is so apparent lately that you are becoming a big boy. you moved up to pre-k a couple of weeks ago and shock me in the most delightful ways on a daily basis. sometimes i am so torn between being so, so very proud of you and a little sad that i cannot just freeze time for a while.  life with you is so much more than i ever imagined it would be. you and i, we go together like peanut butter and jelly-which is coincidentally one of your favorites.  

we stopped to take a few photos to document this little milestone. 


backyard picnic


you still love the bath. these days you love to make potions out of anything and everything. my little scientist.
soooo almost 4



4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos, encompassed by such lovely words. I feel your pain. And your pride. I love what a ham he is for the camera. I'm also wondering what you shoot with. Lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi! You know this all too well. I shoot with mainly prime lenses (30mm f1.8 & 50mm f1.4), unless I get a wild hair and rent the tamron 24-70mm f2.8. :) i have the very basic nikon d3000-i have been wanting to upgrade for a while now, but can't bring myself to spend that much just yet.

      Delete
    2. I have had the Canon 50mm lens in my Amazon cart for ages. Very soon I am pulling the plug and buying it. It's not expensive, but I have guilt issues with not working. Oh, and the fact that it's not exactly necessary and purely to further my enjoyment of my obsession: photographing every instant of our lives. But still, these kids aren't getting any younger, you know.

      Delete
  2. Love these photos! I always feel that way too! I always tell my son that I just want him to be my baby forever. And he tells me he'll still be my baby even when he's an adult. Oh I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete